Kirinyaga Governor Ann Mumbi Waiguru is celebrating her 50th birthday today April 16, 2021.
Did you miss this?
The second Governor of Kirinyaga County, who came into office in August 2017, shared 5 lessons that she has learnt in life.
She also revealed that together with her husband Lawyer Kamotho Waiganjo they have driven to 37 counties and are hoping to cover the remaining 10 very soon.
1. Have an Anchor! Mine is God. Life will throw you twists and turns and in those moments of turbulence the anchor holds!
Today I turn 50! I am most grateful to God for I have seen His goodness in the land of the living! I have seen Him in my...Posted by Anne Waiguru on Thursday, April 15, 2021
2. Build a strong support system! Family and friends who stay true and remind you of what life is truly about are invaluable. They will keep you grounded.
3. Live, laugh, and love! Try new things often. Some of my most enjoyable moments have been driving across this country, stopping at Nyama joints, chats with ordinary Kenyans...all this in great company! My husband & I have driven to 37 counties. We are hoping to cover the remaining 10 soonest.
4. Think of generational impact. Make your footprint extremely clear where you are for two reasons; One for legacy and two, so that those who come after you never have to guess where to step.
5. A special one for the women and young girls out there; we have lesser excuses and greater opportunities than those before us to make our voices heard! Let’s make them and future generations proud!
2. Build a strong support system! Family and friends who stay true and remind you of what life is truly about are invaluable. They will keep you grounded. pic.twitter.com/o3eofWbj7O— Anne Waiguru (@AnneWaiguru) April 16, 2021